More than anything we want you to feel empowered. We understand that your body may need some rebalancing and assistance before you become pregnant. We are here to help. We see ourselves working as a team with you on the path to your healthy pregnancy. We also work very well with your OB-GYN or Reproductive Endocrinologist. There are many studies that show acupuncture greatly improves the outcome of all Assisted Reproductive Technologies (or ARTs) including IUI and IVF, and can triple the chances that you will get pregnant. Our goal is not only for you to have a healthy pregnancy but to also help you feel happy, calm and supported throughout the process.
Female Fertility Issues
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can significantly increase your chances of conception if your fertility issue is due to:
- Amenorrhea or absence of menstrual cycles
- Irregular Cycles
- Anovulatory Menstrual Cycles
- Luteal Phase Defect, LPD
- Premature Ovarian Failure POF
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, PCOS
- Poor Egg Quality
- Thin and Unresponsive Endometrium
- Cervical/Uterine factors – though typically not structural.
- Immunological Factors
- Fallopian Tube Factors
- Ovulation Factors
Acupuncture and herbal prescriptions are able to increase the chances of pregnancy through natural conception, IUI, IVF and other ARTs because they have been shown to:
- Regulate and stabilize hormone levels
- Improve Egg Quality
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Thicken the endometrial lining
- Reduce the chances of miscarriage
- Strengthen the Immune System
- Reduce stress
- Maintain Ideal Weight
- Facilitate relaxation
- Improve quality of sleep.
Key points from recent clinical trials:
- Acupuncture in conjunction with IVF increases the chances of conception by 65%.
- Pregnancy rates more than doubled for IVF/ICSI treatment in conjunction with acupuncture.
- Miscarriage rates decreased for IVF/ICSI treatment when acupuncture was given.
- Implantation rates almost tripled for IVF/ICSI when acupuncture treatments were added.
- Using Doppler ultrasonography, it was observed that acupuncture can increase arterial uterine blood flow, an important key to conception.
- Acupuncture has long lasting benefits for women who suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome, PCOS and anovulation.
- Acupuncture can benefit men who have abnormal sperm shape or functionality.
- One clinical trial showed that even a single session of acupuncture can increase the chances of pregnancy in infertile women.
READ MORE ON OUR RESEARCH PAGE